Monday, September 8, 2008

Begin at the Beginning....

I keep thinking of how James Mitchener would start this. Usually his books will start with the prehistoric history of the area he wants to write about; how molten lava spewed forth from the earth to create Hawaiian Islands, thus the book "Hawaii" which I read while I was in Junior High School.

You will be relieved to read that I won't do that to you.

I have that duality in myself that comes from an artistic temperment; oftentimes I would be participating in something and at the same time I feel like a part of me is standing back and "observing" and thinking about what I am seeing and doing. Used to drive me bonkers and I would often question my own stability, until I realized that this truly is a gift, which I am grateful for.

I love intelligent conversation, fiber art, my children and my grandchildren. I am especially blessed with a wonderful group of friends that have both anchored me and held me up at the same time.

Pennsylvania is my home; born and bred here. I lived for a few years in San Diego, California, and although I had fun there, I ached for the seasons, the green stuff that grows on the hills, and I actually missed snow! (Remind me that I said this in February when I am bitching about it.)
I found myself sick of nice weather and all the Spanish architecture. California is a wonderful place to visit, but I am so glad to be back in PA.

While I was out west, my daughters, from here, started to give me grandchildren--NOT fair! I have no intention of their Nanny being merely a voice on the telephone and a Once A Year Visitor. Nuh-Uh. Since I have moved back east, I have immersed myself in my two little toddlers and have found a new definition and depth of what love can mean. I would have missed it if I had stayed away. Nothing compares to a little one's face bursting into smiles when they see you....

...and the best part--giving them back to Mom when you get tired, or they get cranky!

Wendy

1 comment:

Liana Laverentz said...

Yay, Wendy! You go, girl. We'll enter the world of blogging, together :)

Love and hugs,

Liana